Things to consider when planning and budgeting for your new Day True kitchen
BOOK A FREE
Planning & Budgeting for Your New Kitchen
Having a budget for your new kitchen is a great help to you and your kitchen supplier. Setting a budget for your project at the beginning of the process saves time and heartache further down the line. No one wants to create a kitchen they fall in love with and that is way out of their budget.
Need a printable version?
We start by getting to know you, your likes and dislikes and your space. We ask questions like:
- What do you do in your kitchen? Do you dine in the kitchen?
- Is it open plan? Multipurpose?
- Do you cook? How often and for how many?
- How often do you shop?
- Do you entertain?
- Do you like things all on show or behind closed doors?
- Where do you do your laundry?
- Do you have a lot of stuff?
- What’s not working in your current kitchen?
Other elements you may need to consider as part of planning your new kitchen:
- Walls – if any need to move to improve the space
- Labour – moving services, feeds and decoration
- Appliance options – technology is improving all the time, you may want to explore the options
- Cabinetry – styles and materials
- Lighting – general task lighting and decorative feature lighting
- Floor – it could be the perfect time to change the floor before the new kitchen is installed
- Surfaces – worktops and backsplashes
- Sinks and taps
- Storage – it’s good to take photos of your existing cupboard contents, so we can ensure everything has a home
- Laundry – is this in the kitchen or is it in a different location?
We collaborate with you to create a kitchen that is individual to you.
Come in and see us, or call us to book a design appointment
Our kitchens currently start from £35k.
For a £35,000 kitchen, the budget would break down as follows:
Furniture From £10,000
(30% to 35%)
Surfaces From £5,000
(10% to 20%)
Appliances From £7,500
Sink and taps From £3,000
(3% to 5%)
Installation £3,500 to £5,500
(15% to 20%)
These percentages work for bespoke kitchen budgets.
Does your existing kitchen still have some life in it? Could it be recycled or repurposed, or go to a good home? We work with The Used Kitchen Exchange to help provide this service